It's been such a long time since I've sat at my computer to write a post... I've missed YOU! The longer I was quiet here, the harder it became to find the time. The full story is not just about being over scheduled, but a desire for privacy as I moved through so many new changes, each with huge uncertainty about the outcomes. Accepting that life is unpredictable is what I'll be working on forever, it seems. I think I've been holding my breath since the last post in April. It's time to exhale into what I do know for today:
- My first born is now settled and thriving in college.
- My second has begun a brand new middle school and is navigating it with grace.
- I began working at wonderful local company- my first job outside of home in 18 years.
- We came this close to moving away and renting our farmhouse... but we're staying, thank goodness!
- My mother is selling her barn. THE BARN! Our beloved barn.
The open house is in two days, on Saturday, which is why I chose now to return. To breathe. To let go. We all have loved that barn, haven't we! My amazing mother thoughtfully restored it from an old abandoned building sitting on cinderblocks to the beautiful art studio and home it is today. It's been our family gathering place and the backdrop to so much mother and daughter creativity for the last ten years.
This barn is waiting for its new chapter now. I'll share more over the next few days, but below is the link to all of the important details in case YOU are the lucky one who will be living and creating in it next.